Top Three Christmas movies EVER  

Posted by AKH

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yes that's right I said Merry Christmas, not Happy Holidays, or any other politically correct phrase for wishing someone happiness during this wonderful season. It's late when I'm writing this, so I decided that being politically correct was overrated. Plus if I want to wish someone a Merry Christmas, the phrase has the same good thoughts and intentions as Happy Hannukah/Kwanza/Yom Kippur...but that's a bit of a tangent.

Anywho I was thinking about Christmas and presents and snow and such and thought of three movies that I absolutely have to see during the Christmas season:

A Year Without a Santa Claus. For the longest time, I thought the movie was called Heatmiser and Snowmiser. I remember when we had a VHS player at my house and we had the video in a white cardboard holder with the name Heatmiser and Snowmiser written on the side. It wasn't until later that I actually realized that the actual title of the movie was sung in the opening credits. Love the movie, it's old fashioned animation, kind of along the lines of Wallace and Gromet, except the people are made out of cloth instead of clay.

A Muppet Christmas Carol. Modern update of a classic Christmas story by Charles Dickens. Gonzo plays Charles Dickens/the Narrator, Michael Caine (who is an absolutely fabulous actor) plays Scrooge, and Kermit is Bob Kratchett. Anyone who is a fan of the Muppets will love this movie. It's cute and it's fun, but has it's poignant moments at the same time.

And finally....A Christmas Story. If you haven't seen this, it's blasphemy. You should stop whatever you are doing, go find a copy and watch it. A classic ---for me it's not truly Christmas until I've heard the phrases, "I TRIPLE dog dare you" and "you'll shoot your eye out kid!"

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 9:58 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

i love christmas movies, christmas music, christmas presents, basically everything about christmas except for the actual day of christmas where its what you've been waiting for and then its over, and you have to wait out a whole year all over again...

i never even head of a year without a santa claus, but i think abc family has played it before you know like they do the 25 days of christmas every night and play a random movie, i think i heard a commercial for that one before.

a christmas story is a must see. thats like the only christmas movie i can stand every year besides its a wonderful life.

i never saw a muppet christmas carol, though a girl from my suite brought it back after thanksgiving for us all to watch but we haven't gotten around to it yet. im kind of excited now, because i didn't realize it was actually a take on charles dickens story, i thought they just randomly called it a muppet christmas carol. kinda slow.

December 11, 2008 at 9:37 AM

i love christmas movies, especially when abc family does the whole '25 daays of xmas ' bit, one of the girls in my hall has the whole line up printed and posted on her door so everyone knows whats on when, its very convienient.
i absolutely love the year without a santa claus, in fact it was on last night! and the funny thing was that it inspired me to google 'wallace and grommit' and watch "The Curse of the Were Rabbits", i thought that it was funny that you mentioned it.
although it simply would not be xmas with out watching :
the santa claus with tim allen
rudolph the red nosed reindeer ( who doesnt love the island of misfit toys?)
rudolph's shiny new year
miracle on the 34th street
its a wonderful life ( i love the classic b & w)
and a personal fav: olive the other reindeer ( such a clever pla on words)

GO CHRISTMAS!

December 11, 2008 at 9:52 AM

Christamas movies are awesome. All though my name has been cursed by a "christmas story." Every time I tell some one my name is Ralph the first question is, "have you seen a christmas story." Or the person just says Ralphy like I am a baby. I have to admit that "A Cristmas Story" is a great movie though."

December 11, 2008 at 10:45 AM

I love christmas time! Listening to all of the music, the decorations, the presents, I love everything about it! The one tradition that my family has each year is that each christmas we watch it's a wonderful life. I usually end up watching some of the other movies but not as consistently each year.

December 14, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Post a Comment