I reallyyyyyyyy want snow...  

Posted by Chelsea Abplanalp

When choosing which school i wanted to attend i took many things into consideration.  It's academics, size, location etc.  But when i decided to come to the University of Vermont there was another pull that had a pretty large impact on my decision... and that is the fact that i LOVE snow.  When i visited UVM before making my decision it was a beautiful february day.  Twenty five degrees and snow everywhere.  When i imagine UVM that was the only picture that i had of it in my head; a winter wonderland.  My first week here was drastically different than that picture.  Eighty five degrees and sunny?  I mean i knew it wouldn't be snowing in the beginning of september, but i was definitely not expecting that.  I would walk to class with sweat dripping down my face.  Something i never associated with Vermont.  Every day i just hope for winter to come sooner.  I love everything about the winter.  Snowboarding, sledding, ice skating, just walking through the snow in general.  UVM definitely isn't a good choice for those who don't enjoy some of those things let a lone any.  I love the summer at home, but i came here for all the exciting winter activities UVM has to offer (there are also many other reasons why i came here).  So when is it gonna snow already?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

I am anxious for snow also. I want to make snowmen, have snowball fights, and just notice the general beauty of the world when there is snow. My sister is getting snow at her college in the next few days (or at least that is predicted) and it has made me want the snow even more. I love the really big storms when snowbanks get higher than the cars.

October 2, 2008 at 12:57 AM

Yeah I love the sound and feeling in the air when it's snowing. It can be so calming, especially at night. Also I can't wait to go skiing, I never got too much back at home because all of the slopes were too far away.

October 2, 2008 at 1:04 PM

I hear you! I really want snow too! I was so disappointed that the first week was so hot, it almost made me feel like I was at summer camp instead of college. haha.
But some people think I am nuts for loving the snow so much and wanting it to come, but hey what can I say I am a new englander and a winter baby (Feb.12.....take note that I will snowboarding and not in class that day!)

October 2, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I want the snow too. coming from ny i was really expecting school to be a winter wonderland instead of nasty slush lining streets, starting in like, october. i knew it would still be pretty much summer for a while. its now october 2 and still no sign of snow... all we are gonna get is rain for a while. i think rain is pointless, its cold and it hurts. atleast snow looks pretty, and there is so much fun stuff to do outside when it snows (i will know how to snowboard before i leave uvm). the only time it should ever be allowed to rain is july or august. ugh.

October 2, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Post a Comment