LOST is the greatest show ever created  

Posted by Chelsea Abplanalp

Ok so I'm not really one to sit at home and watch TV or become "addicted" to a show, but that all changed when I discovered LOST.  I would hear my boyfriend and other classmates at school talk about the show and how cool it was but I just didn't really get it.  I watched one episode, saw that there was a giant polar bear on an island where a plane had crashed and immediately decided it was stupid and a waste of time.  That is until my mom bought every season on DVD for my brother in march for his birthday.  I popped in the first disc and started to get kinda into it.  Before I knew it I had become a hermit and the only thing I was doing with my life was watching LOST dvds on my laptop in my bedroom.  The second I got home from school I would start watching them and wouldn't stop until I could barely keep my eyes open.  I wouldn't even go out on weekends.  I was content just "partying" with Kate, Jack, and Sawyer as they roamed the island looking for "the others".  I never realized a show could be this addicting, and it kind of scared me how into it I was.  Every time I told myself, "OK I'm going to take a break after this episode" I would just want to watch another one, and then another one.  I would talk to my friends about theories and what we thought was going to happen next.  It was kind of sick actually, but SO awesome at the same time.  It took me about three weeks to watch season 1 to 4, which I think is rather impressive.  When I was finally finished though, I felt an emptiness.  I didn't know what to do with myself anymore and was upset that I didn't have more episodes to look forward to.  I guess I will just have to wait til next season.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I have never had that happen with Lost. Sometimes I can get into some show like that, and watch some back issues. Really though, for me the books by Stephenie Meyer, thats right, the Twilight series, have that same effect. I have to just finish the book (whichever one in the series), and not leave off in the middle. I have to read just one more chapter.

September 17, 2008 at 9:12 PM

I was that same way. I thought lost was stupid the first time i caught a few minutes of it. my sister was obsessed with it. then she got the dvds, and i watched a few episodes but i still don't really like the show, haha. the same with heroes and house, i never quite caught on.

i guess the shows are really good, but i would have to watch every episode from season 1 so i guess that is what is convincing myself not to like the show, because then i would become "obsessed" and have to watch it alllllll.

i mean tv is pretty stupid, and you don't really miss it that much until you go away to school and not get most of the channels you have at home, let alone you don't have any time to watch it with all the reading you have to do.

one tree hill on the other hand... thats the only show which has ever caused me to sit and wait for it to come on.

September 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM

Post a Comment