Better Late Than Never  

Posted by AKH

I realized that I am a little behind on my blogging...I forgot about it and then something was mentioned the other day in class about this week's blog post, and I suddenly remembered. I don't know why I keep forgetting about blogging-maybe because it's online and not an actual paper assignment, but that really doesn't make sense because I use Blackboard for three other classes...or maybe it's because I feel weird blogging, like I'm just being fake and just coming up with weird stuff to talk about... whatever-Here is my entry on Understanding from 26 Lies/1 Truth.

The two entries entitled Understanding are both pictures. The first is a close up of a pair of eyes. The eyes look tired, sad, and empty, as if there is something missing. The second picture is (I'm assuming) of Ben Peek lying in a bed looking at an empty side of the bed. The bed looks like it has an imprint of a person who was lying there. Ben's facial expression looks the same in the second picture as it does in the first picture, like the first is a close up of the second.

I think that close ups are a good way to emphasize something. The close of of his eyes really show the pain and sadness that Peek is going through. I mean seriously...his significant other (Geraldine at the time right?) just died with his unborn child in a car accident that HE survived. That is some serious stuff to be dealing with, no matter who you are or what you've been through. Eyes are one of those things where you can really see what a person is feeling or thinking or what mood they're in. Which is why this close up is important. You can bulls*** your way through a book, and pretend like you're fine and nothing is wrong, but you can't bulls*** your eyes.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment