In Class... Now What  

Posted by M. Haji Bigman in ,

So I am in class right now and am unsure of what to do. As the silence looms heavily, we are whispering back and forth. I don't want to go first, just as I am sure no one else does either. But I did go, and I was fine cause I put the volume up way loud and everyone else's voice just faded out. Oh well, it was still kind of funny. I had to play all the obscure sounds on iMovie to keep from laughing. But that was stupid, because the "seal bark" and "crowd boo" really made my day.

It really is funny how people respond when not given any directions to follow, only an objective. Take for example our class, we all (minus a few exceptions) had to do our voice overs in class. But we all tweaked our projects patiently in silence terrorized by the idea of other eavesdropping peers chuckling at our already ridiculous voice over. Seriously though, the silence was killing me. I mean, I don't mind silence if it is peaceful, or in meditation, but a classroom of silence without directions just made me want to ruffle my notes repeatedly until some one made a comment.

All and All, I like the project. Is it something that I will send to Steven Spielberg? Absolutely. Not that I will. But Hooray now I have to write a 4-5 page analyzis on it. I hope I am right! Fingers crossed.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 2, 2008 at 3:43 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Hahaha! I should have totally put music on so I didn't have to hear silence. I'd have to say, putting on those headphones was the most awkwardest thing in the world. I mean, I have been in so many awkward moments in my life that nothing phases me anymore. But putting on those headphones was just...awful.

October 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM

That was seriously one of the funniest things that has happened in that class. I'm not sure if it was the unnerving silence, or how awkward people looked with the headset/microphone combo. And then we were all whispering for no apparent reason...great stuff!

October 2, 2008 at 10:03 PM

I have to agree, that was one of the more amusing classes to be in. I say that because I wasn't forced to do my narration then. If I was I would probably be telling a very different story. But almost the entire class it was silent with only the narration breaking the silence. Very weird when you think most of our classes are full of talking and discussion (even if most of the talking is done by Dr. Parent).

October 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Post a Comment