Fall at UVM!  

Posted by AKH

Alright, so this might look like one of those pamphlets we all got in the mail with these really nice pictures of UVM in the fall that tried to convince us why are lives would be so much better if we chose to go to college at UVM...but since we're all in fact here at UVM for college, that changes things a little bit.

Leaves changing color is one of those quintessential New England characteristics. Natives to N.E. might mock all of the tour buses that can be spotted during this time carrying truck loads of "leaf peepers", but I don't care how long you've lived in New England, seeing the seasons change never gets old, and you secretly love it. Autumn is my favorite season.I love being able to wear warm clothes on cool fall mornings, or putting an extra blanket on my bed. Something about this time of year just feels good to me.

Last weekend, the weather was absolutely gorgeous, so my friend Heather and I decided to go on a photo-expedition, taking pictures around campus at sunset. We decided to climb all the way up to the top of the Williams Hall fire escape, and I thought I was going to pee myself. I hate heights and HOLY CRAP! It doesn't look that bad from the ground, but once you get up to the top, you realize that you were seriously mistaken. Not only that, but you can see through the stairs, so you can see all the way down to the bottom, which is freaky as hell.

However the view from the top and the great pictures I took definitely paid off made it worth the climb up. And as soon as I got the pictures I wanted, I bolted back towards firm ground :)



This entry was posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:22 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Nice pictures! At some point I want to climb the fire escape, but I would have to summon the courage which might take awhile. I'm afraid of heights too. Now that you mention how you can see the ground from the bottom it might take me a bit longer, that sounds pretty freaky lol.

October 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM

These are beautiful! At orientation they were telling us we had to do it once fall started but I haven't actually gotten around to getting up on that fire escape. I love the fall too, because it is chilly but then it warms up a lot later in the day. My mom really wanted me to send her pics of the foilage up here, but I felt like a creeper walking around with a camera by myself because all my friends just thought it was weird that i wanted to take pictures of my own school... Maybe this weekend or next I'll get up there finally, its not like I'm scared to or anything =)

October 17, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Fall is my favorite season.

I love the smell. I love the sounds. I love the feeling.

My favorite thing is going out at 6 or 7 when it is slightly raining and windy.

The sound of the leaves tumbling around and the smells of fall are all kicked up. Nothing better than that in my opinion.

October 18, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Post a Comment