Countless Tabs of Information  

Posted by M. Haji Bigman


When I first got Firefox, I marveled at the idea of multiple tabs. I know that lots of other browsers now have it, but I never updated to the newer versions. That was until about two years ago. I remember the freedom of having one window up, with two pages loaded. Now my "continual partial attention" could have its fill. At the same time, I promised myself that I would only have about 3-4 tabs max at one given time.

Believe it or not, I actually succeeded at this for about a year. Now you have to understand my reasoning for this. The dorm room adjacent to me my junior year of high school had a kid by the name of Adam Blackwell. Now besides the fact that he had a sleeping disorder in which it was almost impossible for him to be woken up, its true I swear (kids actually broke a chair over his back and he didn't wake up for another hour), he was crazy good with computers. However, whether his lack or sleep or his intelligence were responsible, he had severe add. As such, he would have between 70 to 100 tabs open at any given time.

So now you now where the fear comes from, I have some how slipped into this fate. I now average about 15 tabs and at times I have had as many as 30. I am getting scared of this exponential expansion. I don't know why I leave them all open considering I could always go back to the website.


So what does these picture have to do with anything? It's just one of the things on my 19 tabs rights now. Why? I don't remember, but I know that it is important and I don't want to close the tab until I remember why. Because I am an internet pack rat. But there pretty sweet right? This is another tab. Check it out if your into political comedy. Still need more tabs? Want to waste more time not doing other stuff? Click it to prove your science teacher wrong.

Check out more crazy computers so you can have +1 tab.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 10:59 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I have the same kind of phenomena. I once saw my friends with some insane amount of tabs open, and vowed I would never be that guy. But college is slipping me up, my tabs are getting up there. Especially with your links. The computer one was cool.

October 10, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Post a Comment