21 Steps  

Posted by AKH

This was such a cool idea for a way to tell a story. First of all, Google Earth is probably one of the coolest things that has ever been thought up. It's so easy to use, unlike Mapquest, which just sucks. I love the fact that it gives you actual satellite images of the place that you're looking up.

Using Googe Earth in this story added a whole new level of interacting with the story. Instead of having to visualize all of the places that the guy (sorry forgot his name) went to, you could see it mapped out on the screen. The red and blue lines that showed him moving and where he was going really helped me to see what was going on, instead of just reading about it. I tend to get confused when I read about places and distances, so actually seeing him riding around London in a taxi, or flying on a plane to Edinburgh was quite helpful.

It reminded me of a few different books I've read and movies that I've seen where the main character has no idea what is going on, but he/she has to do these various things. Sounds kind of vague, but I really like stories with this type of plotline-action, suspense and a little bit of mystery. Reminds me of James Paterson/John Grisham/Dan Brown....

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 7:15 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I totally agree. I love suspense stories and I loved how this story incorporated Google Earth into it. It was really neat and I enjoyed it a lot!

November 20, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Post a Comment