Dakota and Nukorea  

Posted by Chelsea Abplanalp

Dakota...awful. Nukorea...awful. I really did not enjoy either of them and just sat and prayed for it to be over. They both lasted too long so I never thought my prayers would be answered.

For Dakota, I do not like the fact that I couldn't read what was being shown to me. What is the point of writing something if no one can read it? I understand that he wanted to show the chaos of what was going on, but it was just frustrating that I could'nt fully understand the entire story.

For Nukorea, the details were a little much for me. Actually, they were probably the only thing that did interest me out of the whole thing. The point i was paying the most attention to was when he was describing the maggots and rats on the dead bodies. Another thing I didn't like about this was how he continuously used transition words to start way too many sentences. It seemed like he had never taken an English class before even though he obviously has experience in the subject. The idea was interesting but it is kind of scary to think that this could possibly happen. The whole thing was also wayyyyyyyyy too long.

One of the funny things is that I think that the music should have been switched for the two pieces. For the first one, i was more interested in the story but couldn't read it because the music was too fast and it was following the music. For the second one, the music was slow and there are a lot of things i wish i didn't read. If the music was reversed i think i would have liked them both at least a little bit more...

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 6:49 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment