Thanksgiving!  

Posted by AKH




Thank GOD that I get to go home for Thanksgiving break this Friday. My mom is coming at 2 and then my roommate and I are peacin' out! Everyone I talk to is so excited to be going home for Thanksgiving. Maybe it's because we're all sick of campus food, which isn't all bad, or sick of our roommates, or just want to be home to see friends and family. Whatever the reason, it's very exciting. I know that I have little to no attention span to do anything lately...all I want to do is be home for a week. I miss my friends from home and I can't wait to see them all. There's going to be some big get-together, but I have no idea what (pretty typical for my friends).

Plus it doesn't help that this is really the first break we've all gotten since classes have started...I suppose it's a trade off. No Columbus Day off for a longer Thanksgiving break.

As far as food goes, what's not to love? Turkey, stuffing (my personal favorite), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, apple pie...I'm sure everyone has their own family specialties. What is kind of cool about mine is that for the past few years we haven't done a traditional turkey. Instead we've done different turkey recipes. For instance, last year my dad made turkey breasts wrapped in prosciutto...it was soooo good. I really like that we do something that's a little bit different from everyone else.

Anyone else have unique little family traditions around Thanksgiving?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2008 at 12:57 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment