Millions of Misguided Penguins  

Posted by M. Haji Bigman

So, yea.... What to say about A Million Penguins. I think that this idea in itself was a good one. Think about it. What I believe happened was that people weren't given rule and guidelines. Something so new, especially on such a grand scale, need to have rule in order to create some form of unity and coherence.

I mean seriously, trudging through that ridiculous debacle was painstaking. Some of the writing wasn't half bad but couldn't bring myself to care enough to ignore the rest. Again, imagine if penguin had laid out a series of rules to govern the event. For example: 1) all third person limited omniscient 2) List of characters that must play roles throughout the course of the work 3) Even if you disagree with the previous writer, try to follow the mood... at least until an appropriate point.

Maybe I have no idea what I am talking about but I think structure and unity would make this into something truly interesting. Will it be a work of William Faulkner or James Joyce? Probably not. But it will be a work that might one day be studied in an English class, just like its horribly deformed Predecessor.

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 8:43 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment