Posted by M. Haji Bigman



I post this video because I like the message. I won't try to persuade you, just watch it and think for yourself.

I don't know what to think of the economy. I am told it is bad. I hear it in the news, in conversations, in jokes. Companies like AIG begin crawling to the government asking for tax payer bailouts. What am I supposed to think?

I know this isn't a quick fix, one way or another. I am pretty optimistic about the future, especially with President Elect Barack Obama at the helm. But what can I do to help the economy? I don't pay taxes, you can hardly call what I do work, and I sit on my ass typing for a blog that very few people will ever read.

I feel like there must be something that me, a small group, or even the nation can do to fix this. What I have been told is to spend. To spend money, and lots of it. Imagine what would happen if everyone went out tomorrow and spent $500 dollars from their savings. That's simple math. 300 million (abo) * $500 = $150 billion (I hope I got the decimal places right) pumped into the economy. That's gotta do something, right?

But how do you convince a nation to spend their savings when the future looks so bleak? Is it even possible? I for one won't stop spending my money because I don't think saving is always the answer. Saving is like watching the weather during a Hurricane. You prepare your house, your valuables, etc. in order to weather the storm and continue after less affected. But then again, that is all based on the assumption that your home, your valuables, or even your life will be there afterwords. In other words, if people continue to save money, without spending, the economy will become stale and eventually shrivel up. Right?

Anyways, what I am getting at is the question, what should we do?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 11:45 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment