The Lucky Ones  

Posted by M. Haji Bigman

So, are you a lucky one? Upon watching/exploring Mercury's "Meet the Lucky Ones," I was one part confused, one part entertained, and one part left thinking what possible connection this video had to do with cars. I mean seriously? I could see this being some kind of viral video for lawnmowers, the lotto, even a pet store. But cars?

I figured I would Google the marketing ploy and find out what was the deal. According to media.ford.com, after the first two weeks of the five week program, Mercury's website had seen over "825,000 unique visitors." That is a lot of people, in a short period of time. With these record numbers, as many as 64,000 of these visitors went on to look a the Mercury Mariner (the car Sharon was given.)

What I Liked:
I enjoyed how all the stories, more or less, were interconnected. In order to appreciate the work, it needed to be viewed in it's entirety.

What I Disliked:
I disliked the info you could click on in the background. I found it a waste of time because 85% of all the info was provided in the video.

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:19 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment